Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Birthday Boy

I was already in the hospital this time thirty eight years ago.  Back in the day if you were scheduled for a C-Section, as I was, you checked in the night before so they could get you ready.  And you stayed a week after!  (Insurance was a different game then)

I had gone to the beauty shop and had my hair done; my parents had come to take care of Kelly and we were ready to have the new baby!  We did not know whether we were having a boy or a girl!(no sonograms to determine the sex as today's practice)

I remember waking up and Hubs standing over me saying, "It's a BOY" and I just cried and cried......for joy!  We had a beautiful little girl and now a sweet baby boy.

And what a joy he has been!



Chris was always a happy baby!  Here he is being held by a handsome, dark-haired thin man who has played an important part in Chris' life!!


Two years old.




One of my very favorite pictures!





Chris has had a loving big sister all these years!  I have so many memories of them together.




Chris has had so many interests and talents as he grew up.

A Musician..............






An Artist..................




A sportsman.........




Well read........




An actor.........




A lover of anything "Star Wars"..........




Girls loved him.........




A "cool Senior".......




A dog lover...........





A loving Grandson.........




An older cousin who would play video games with them...........



A college graduate.........




A journalist...............




A graduate......again!




A wonderful teacher.........




Chris has had many interests, jobs,etc. in his life but by far 
the greatest joy in his life has been.....




His beautiful wife, Carrie.....





And that beautiful baby daughter!!




Chris, I want to wish you a very Happy Birthday!

You, your sister and your families have brought me more joy than I have ever deserved!  God is so good to all of us!


























7 comments:

Kathy said...

Well that just made me cry. That was such a sweet post and wonderful tribute Chris. He is all those things and more!

Maryellen said...

Happy Birthday to your handsome boy !
Oh how I loved the "westie" photo.

Kimberley said...

such a sweet post from a momma's heart!! loved it!! and I especially love the wall paper from his 3rd bday pic :) hehe!! looks like my parents house from back then!

The Garners said...

Happy Birthday to Chris! What a great birthday post!

Melanie Keffer said...

Judy, your comments and honest outlook are such a pleasure to read. I read this post feeling right along with you all the joy your children have been to you.

It must be the pastors wife in you, or that modest spirit you have or . . . Just the joy in your heart that you share.

Thanks so much for sharing with people you've never met. God bless you for that beautiful light that shines so brightly.

In Christian love,
Melanie Keffer
Olive Branch, MS

April said...

So beautifully written, Judy! You and Steve have been incredibly blessed!

Kiki Nakita said...

That was a sweet post. I love looking at all the old photos of the 70's, 80's and 90's.