Monday, February 3, 2014

Feed My Sheep

Every year Hubs and I look forward to spending a few days in Florida at a pastor's conference.  I'm not sure what people think pastors do at a conference but mostly it is listening to some wonderful preaching and great music!

It is where the preacher gets preached to!!  We start around 9:00 a.m. and finish around 9:00 p.m.  We absolutely love it!

We drove down a couple of days before the conference and stayed at Destin. We love it this time of the year because it is somewhat desolate and we pretty much have the beach to ourselves.  No, we don't swim or sun ourselves!  Just a walk on the beach together is our cup of tea!







And, yes, we did have coats on!  It was the coldest it has been in years while we were there.  The wind was cutting and a coat felt good all week!



The theme of the conference was Feed My Sheep.  




We look forward to seeing our friends we went to seminary with over 30 years ago.  I didn't get a picture of the men but here I am with Debbie from Oklahoma and Pat from Georgia.  Our kids all went to school together during our years in Fort Worth, Texas.

The church always has a beautiful pastor's wives luncheon and this year's was so very nice.


The tables are always so pretty with fresh flowers and gold orangza bows tied on the chairs.  Reminds me of being at a fancy wedding reception!  The food was delicious and we got gift bags with books (yea!) and a necklace from Premier Jewelry.  

Thank you to FBC Jacksonville for making us all feel special!


We heard many great pastors preach. We were convicted, up-lifted, encouraged and filled with joy by all of them!  On Sunday evening Tim Tebow preached to thousands crowded into the sanctuary to hear him.  Although he is not a "preacher", he delivered a great message.  He loves the Lord and is very humble when speaking about how the Lord has been working in his life.  It was a great way to end our conference.



We like to drive back to Arkansas on the "backroads" and enjoy a little Americana.  We drove through Plains, Georgia and even though I don't agree with Jimmy Carter's politics, I wanted to stop and see what Plains was all about!

Downtown was very old and I loved it!  




This was one of the first things we saw as we parked our car downtown: a trailer full of peanuts!  So we knew we could get some fresh peanuts!



We walked into this store and the lady started feeding us peanut ice cream and fresh boiled peanuts.  Seriously, it was great!  

We couldn't take home the ice cream but we did get some delicious peanuts and some of the best tasting brittle I've ever had!









As we drove home toward Arkansas, we got into a little snow between Tupelo, Mississippi and Memphis but missed the huge snow storm that came the next day.

We had a great trip and came home with thankful hearts at all we had heard and experienced!  It is always fun to travel but always great to get home!




And then Sunday we got this as we drove home from church on our little gravel road.......



And more freezing rain and snow due tomorrow!!

How many more days till Spring??










11 comments:

momofall said...

LOVE hearing from your days and special days Judy. I miss it a LOT when you don't post. Even though you think you are not interesting, I just LOVE your motherly advice, that you don't even realize you give. Your new kitchen look is fabulous. A nice lift, although, the former look was wonderful. Enjoy your week and please post more often.

Love Being A Nonny said...

One of the things I enjoy most is traveling the back roads with hubs! we try to do I to ten! even if it's just an hour away! Glad your time away was blessed. It's always wonderful to be ministered to! Love from the other NONNY!

Heather said...

Sounds like a great time of refreshment! And I don't just mean the peanuts! I love Tim Tebow and would love to hear him speak. Thanks for sharing!
heather

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

Sounds like y'all had a great trip! Those tables were set so beautifully and the food looks delicious! I travel the "back roads" too. I'll go 30 min. out of my way to my mom's house just so I can avoid the big freeways. Lol! I can't believe how much snow y'all are getting. It's really beautiful. And I agree...it's always fun to travel, but always great to get home too. :)

Courtney said...

What a fun get away to a climate that is a little warmer. That lunch looks yummy.

Marie said...

Glad you had a good trip, Your road to home is beautiful,

Kelley said...

What a wonderful trip! I am sure it was so encouraging and inspirational.

Terri Grothe said...

I love these kinds of conferences as well, it is always nice to be uplifted and refreshed and encouraged.
The pictures are gorgeous.

Patty said...

My best friend is a pastor's wife and you all deserve to be pampered. I am glad you were refreshed at the conference. Even with the snow, I know you were happy to be back home. Spring can't get here soon enough.
Blessings,
Patty

The Garners said...

Sounds like you had a great trip! The picture of your road/house in the snow looks like a postcard--so pretty! (But I agree...WHEN IS SPRING!?) :)

Sharmin said...

I know we often forget that pastors need some time to refresh and recharge, too. So glad you had a great conference….and really, really glad you made it home before all the snow and ice hit. I'm wishing for spring to come quickly, and I hope the predictions for this weekend are wrong…I'd like to get out of school before Logan's birthday on June 23rd!