Monday, January 13, 2014

BEFORE AND AFTER

For several years now I have wanted to paint my kitchen cabinets.  I love my kitchen and my cabinets but really wanted a change.


I have read so many decor blogs, made my Pinterest collection of kitchens and finally decided to carry through with my thoughts on going white!

My cabinets are maple and are custom cabinets.  I was having a little water damage on one side of the built-in dishwasher where apparently I sling water when I am at the sink.  I knew we would eventually have to do something to repair the water spots.  Also all my woodwork and crown moulding is white and I thought it would be an updated look to have them all the same.

Who knows how things will turn out.  It's kind of scary to change things up after many years….especially important and expensive things like your kitchen cabinets.

Here is the before:





It took two painters approximately 4 days to paint the kitchen. They took all the drawers and cabinet doors to their workshop to spray and hand painted the rest at my house.  

So here is the AFTER:






So that's my new look for the next few years!  I like it.  It was a good change for us. 

What do you think?





24 comments:

Karen said...

Oh, I love it! I think white is such a clean color and will be so easy to decorate because you have this great base color. I've missed your blog...glad to read about your fun kitchen project. Take care!
Karen

Elaina Weaver said...

Your cabinets look great!!

Joy Junktion said...

I haven't stopped by for awhile Judy but I'm happy I did tonight. I LOVE your cabinet makeover. I have thought looong about painting mine white, they are light oak and my husband hand sanded and refinished them years ago before he became so ill and then passed. I sometimes feel guilty that I want to change them, but I sure am tempted and seeing yours is pushing me closer :) God Bless!

Sharmin said...

I love it. It completely changed the look of your kitchen. I'm still trying to figure out what kind of backsplash I want, and we've been in our house since May 2007!

Sara said...

Those look great! I always love the white cabinets in kitchens....such a clean look and bright look!

Terri Grothe said...

wow, I LOVE IT, it suits your kitchen so much.

Patty said...

I love it! Beautiful!

B said...

I love it!!

amy said...

LOVE IT! So pretty.

Miranda said...

Love it! Looks like a new kitchen!

~Bekah said...

I LOVE IT Judy!! It's soo refreshing! I wish ours were white instead of the harsh wood grain that they are, even though it's a beautiful pattern of wood grain....i love your blog!

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

Your cabinets turned out great!! I have maple cabinets too and am really trying to convince my husband that 2014 is THE year to paint ours white. :) Thanks for the inspiration! I'm definitely showing these pics to my hubby. :)

Kathy said...

I love the new look Judy! White always brightens up a room. It's fun to change things up. PS love the pictures you sent!

Kimberley said...

LOVE!!!

Renae said...

I liked it before, and it looks even better in the all white. It really updated it a lot.

Pam said...

Your kitchen looks wonderful and fresh. Also, happy '5' years of being a nonny. I met you at St. Francis the day Harper was going home. What a joy it's been to watch her grow.

Kelley said...

I love it! I liked it before, but the white is gorgeous! Make me want to paint mine!

Emily said...

I love it! Painting mine is on my (very long) to do list! Looks great!

Deena said...

So pretty! I love white kitchens.

Rachel Zimm said...

It looks beautiful!
White kitchens are my favorite.
I love how your kitchen is set up, and the large island you have!
www.floralandfudge.blogspot.com

Tara G. said...

So pretty!!

Unknown said...

I love the new look. I've had white cabinets in two different houses. I like the way they look.. so much more modern. I think cleaning them is easier than wood too. Great Job!

Unknown said...

Looks great! While I am a fan of stained wood, the white cabinets do look better when matched with your hardwood floors. It was a good call to repaint them white rather than something darker. Hope you’re enjoying your new kitchen!

Teresa

Tammie said...

It looks so nice, I have Oak Cabinets all hand made and I am still at odds with my husband who loves them and I really am ready to paint them! I know that they look beautiful with the natural stain but want them painted a white wash white! I am hoping after showing him your beautiful make over he will be convinced it is my turn! Thanks for allowing me to use your blog to help me get my own way!😉